This week is National School Breakfast Week!
This is our last featured recipe for National School Breakfast Week 2016 from our Meals Plus Child Nutrition Cookbook, which you can download here. The cookbook includes recipes from Meals Plus customers from across the country and school breakfast recipes using USDA foods. Use this recipe in your cafeteria and as a grab and go breakfast!
Walnutty Blueberry Parfait
6 lb. + 4 oz. California Walnuts
25 lb. vanilla yogurt, skim
17 lb. USDA frozen blueberries, IQF, Material #100244
6 lb. + 4 oz. low fat granola cereal
1. Set up 6 qt. food processor with S blade.
2. Place 3 qt. plus 1/2 cup (3 # 2 oz.) of walnut pieces in food processor.
3. Pulse 3 times to lightly chop walnuts. Repeat for one more batch.
4. Pull 12 oz. clear parfait cups with flat and dome lids from storage and place at workstation.
5. Using a 2 oz., spoodle add 1/4 c. of granola to each soufflé cup. CCP: Never handle ready to eat foods with bare hands.
6. To assemble: place 4 oz. of yogurt in bottom of cup using a 4 oz. spoodle. CCP: Prepare foods at room temperature in two hours or less.
7. Top with 1/2 c. of frozen blueberries using a 4 oz. spoodle.
8. Add 1 oz. of chopped walnuts using a 2 oz. spoodle.
9. Seal with clear flat lid.
10. Place 1 soufflé of granola on top of flat lid and seal with domed lid.
11. Date stamp and place in cooler for service. CCP: Hold below 41°F.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories – 407.812
Chol (mg) – 5.670
Sodium (mg) – 129.845
Fiber (gm) – 4.953
Iron (mg) – 1.951
Calc (mg) – 237.247
Vit A (IU) – 465.523
Vit C (mg) – 3.669
Protein (gm) – 11.869
Carb (gm) – 46.524
Tot Fat (gm) – 21.958
Sat Fat (gm) – 2.970
Sugars (gm) – 5.460
Trans Fat (gm) – 0.000*